Kevin graduated from Singapore Management University in 2017 with a Bachelor of Laws (Cum Laude). After completing his practice training as a solicitor, he joined Tan & Au LLP as an Advocate and Solicitor in 2018. Kevin is well versed in their various areas of legal practice including litigation, alternative dispute resolution, probate & administration, intellectual property law, corporate, and conveyancing work.
- Assisted in inter alia a subsidiary proprietor’s appeal against his management corporation relating to “common property” (Raman Dhir v MCST Plan No. 1374  3 SLR 519 (HC);  SGSTB 10;  SGSTB 7); an interpleader action (Tan & Au LLP v Seo Puay Guan & Ors  SGHC 59); a claim and appeal relating to bailment and a counterclaim for storage charges(Clifford Eng K.F. v Twelve Degrees Pte Ltd  SGDC 22; HC/DCA 11/2019); appealing against a claim relating to the use of funds by an unincorporated association in the Court of Appeal (CA/CA 75/2017; Devagi d/o Narayanan & Anor v Wong Poh Choy Tommy & Ors  3 SLR 993 (HC)); resisting a claim for commission based on unjust enrichment / conspiracy involving eight parties and obtaining security for costs against the Plaintiff in the High Court.
- Assisted in mediation and/or obtaining settlements for cases involving inter alia Contractual claims, Commission, Medical Negligence, Motor Accidents, Personal Injury, Property Damage, Sale & Purchase of Goods and/or Services, Sale & Purchase of Shares.
- Assisted in an international arbitration relating to satellite bandwidth.
- Assisted in contested an uncontested probate & administration matters; advised on and drafted Wills (including joint and/or mutual wills); advised on and carried out the registration, withdrawal, and revocation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Advised on and carried out the registration of Trade Marks; assisted in resisting a Trade Mark claim; assisted in the drafting of a Licence Agreement.
- Assisted in the drafting of various corporate documents including inter alia Agency Agreements, Escrow Agreements, Loan Agreements, Non-Circumvention / Non-Disclosure Agreements, Promissory Notes, Sale & Purchase Agreements, Shareholders’ Agreements.
- Assisted in advising on Stamp Duties, COVID-19 support measures; drafting of Trusts (for Property / Sale Proceeds), Option to Purchase, Tenancy Agreements; assisted in the privatisation and/or collective sale attempts of residential, commercial, and/or mixed-use developments.