Kum Kwok graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Singapore in 1979. Thereafter, he served in the Singapore Legal Service for more than 3 years holding various appointments such as Assistant Director of Legal Aid Bureau, Senior Registrar of Titles & Deeds and Deputy Controller of Residential Property. He was called to the Bar in 1982.
With more than 40 years’ experience in Banking, Finance, and Real Estate Laws
Kum Kwok has vast experience in banking, finance, and real estate laws having practised principally in those areas for more than 40 years.
His clients included the Singapore Government, MNCs, and foreign corporations
He has a wide spectrum of clients, ranging from private individuals, developers, MNCs, financial institutions to various statutory authorities, the Minister for Finance (Inc) and the Singapore Government.
Some Notable Cases
Some of the major cases he has handled include:
- Advising the LTA on land rights and title of various parties in several integrated MRT stations/light train stations/bus depots;
- Acting for the CAAS on matters relating to the development of the Low Cost Terminal, lease sale of airport land and lease of airport land for hotel development;
- Acting for SLF in the commercial development at AMK and leases of units in the shopping hub;
- Acting for the owners in a REITs sale of a factory and leaseback;
- Acting for the Singapore Government in the sale of a major commercial/office building in Orchard Road with a transactional value of more than S$830 million;
- Acting for the Minister for Finance (Inc) in the sale of the common property to residents in a residential housing development at Marine Parade Road.